The first through fifth graders checked books out for the first time this week. Kindergarten will start taking their books home the first week of September. Here are just a few book care reminders.
- Read and enjoy the books you check out. Don’t just leave them in your desk or bookbag until time to return them.
- Keep them in a safe place where babies and pets can’t reach them and you’ll know where to find them.
- Always read with clean hands.
- Keep books away from water. (They really don’t like to swim.)
- Turn pages carefully.
- Never write or draw in your book.
We need everyone to return their books on time so that other students can read and enjoy them too. We had quite a few books that weren’t returned from last year, so if you find them hiding under your bed, please bring them back to school.